CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkins

We finally got some pumpkins this weekend. We'd never been to get pumpkins in the morning before and what we noticed was a bunch of infants/toddlers in the 9 - 18 month age range in various states of Halloween festive-wear with excited parents taking lots of pictures with their kids next to the pumpkins. I had no idea this was a photographic rite of passage, but I guess it is and I shouldn't be surprised since we were right there snapping pictures with the rest of them.

On Saturday I woke up with CHF and it was rainy so we couldn't take our usual walk. So I thought I would be the best mom ever and make oatmeal. Real oatmeal. I cooked it up with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and stirred in some applesauce and shredded apples. My delicious attempt was rejected. As was the avocado we tried later on that day. I fear Connor will subsist on a diet of Cheerios, cherries and pretzels.

Look what Connor did last week. He discussed and made a solar system. His school is very advanced. What did your kid do at school? Yeah, that's what I thought.
No, it's not Christmas, but we ran out of pjs the other night and this was all we had.

[Editor's correction - this cute hat came from Grandpa F. not Grandma F. as previously mentioned!]
Obligatory" baby with lots of small pumpkins" photo.
Connor likes to feel the breeze in his lush hair and cannot be bothered with hats.
With larger pumpkins. The stems on these were very tempting and delicious.

We bought three pumpkins and pictures of them carved with CHF in his costume will be forthcoming next weekend. I will give a hint as to what he is going to be - it is very ferocious and completely badass.

I like this picture for what's going on in the background. Sport has taken Linus down.

0 comments: