Yesterday, the Elf on the Shelf showed up in ASF's classroom (the kids voted to name him "Chippy". The other choices were "Rootbeer" and "Bob"). She wants one. So does CHF. They asked DGF about it and DGF said "Oh, no, I don't think so - Mommy is creeped out by the elf." Way to go DGF!
So last night I am laying with ASF and the negotiating begins.
ASF: MOMMY. Are you creeped out by the elf?
Me: Yes.
ASF: But you don't need to worry because they only move at night. They don't like to move when anyone is watching, so there is no need to be creeped out. You will never see it move.
Me: Well, I think they look creepy and I don't want an elf moving around my house.
ASF: MOMMY! It is just Christmas magic that makes it move. Are you creeped out by Christmas magic? Are you creeped out by SANTA?
Me: No. [Yes, I do think the idea of Santa is a little weird.]
ASF: You shouldn't be creeped out by the elf. Let's get one. We can get one at the Target. Keira's elf takes a bath in marshmallows!!!
Me: [This is why I do not want an elf because I am not going to make it bathe in marshmallows.] Hm.
I hope to stay elf-free for another year.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
2 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment