CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pancake Sunday

Lately I have been getting up on Sunday mornings so I decided that I would make Sundays pancake day. I'm trying new recipes in hopes of finding one we all like. Last week I tried pumpkin pancakes which DF said were "too spicy" and this week I went with traditional Bisquick pancakes. I have hopes of actually going to get pancakes, but that requires a level of dress that I do not usually achieve until Sunday afternoons. Next week we'll be taking off pancake Sunday b/c it family is coming into town for CHF's first birthday party and there will be quite enough sugar in the cake I've ordered.

Unfortunately, mealtimes in our house have become fraught with danger. In all the pancake pictures below, I invite you to look downwards and see the dogs circling like vultures. Linus has become especially bold and I caught Sport halfway into the empty high chair last week licking the leftovers off the tray. They now spend most of mealtimes outside and are allowed in to help clean up the floor.


Linus receives the benefit of an intentionally dropped piece of pancake.

Look how Sport is licking his lips. He just got a piece too.

No meal is complete without a trip to the pantry afterwards.

Yesterday CHF decided he didn't want his nap at 1:30. So I bundled him up (as best I could - he refuses to wear hats for very long) and took him outside for a walk. He hates wearing shoes, but he's getting used to it. I think we all know how Dr. Cleveland would suggest that we get him to put on shoes nicely...yes, that's right, the wooden spoon.


A rare hat shot. Linus hasn't decided he likes CHF but he has realized there is often food on CHF's face and in his hair (note CHF also now hates baths so the chances of food in his hair are higher) so he braves the risk of ear pulling to get in a quick lick.


Sport likes to give CHF kisses because he loves CHF!

0 comments: